Thursday, April 15, 2010

Rule #1- You are What You Eat


roasted red pepper and hummus wrap, mixed nuts and mangosteen (yeah, you know you want to say it out loud... MAN-go-stEEEEEEEEEEEn) juice... mmmm....

Whoa boy, my fingers and toes are seriously tingling as I write this. I haven't decided if this is really cool, or entirely terrifying. Ever had that feeling when you are drinking that you know you're getting drunk, and possibly going to start touching old men in ways only their doctors touch them, because you can feel it in your feet? That is exactly what I experience on a daily basis from this stuff.

As one of my lifestyle changes I have implemented to counter-act the weird effects Topamax has taken on my body, I am trying to return to a Vegan diet.

A few years back, I changed over to a Vegan diet and the positive effects on my health were immediately noticeable. I had more energy, and most notable was that it was the first winter I did not get the flu. Unfortunately, I went through some rough changes in my life and as a result, I backslid into my carnivorous ways. (I blame you, Jimmy Johns Beach Club)

My resolution this year was to start eating vegetarian, which I have only strayed from once (insatiable craving for a gyro... some of you will understand.). I feel as if the transition back into Vegan-ism and mostly organic eating will be fairly easy, and very beneficial for my over-all well being. The only down-side is that healthier eating often comes with a higher price tag. Ah, if only I could find time in the day for a fifth job.... "but Leah, I thought hookers mostly worked at NIGHT!" Ha. Funny.

In completely un-related news, one of my new favorite bands is coming to town tonight: Neon Trees! Most nights I find it hard to do much of anything, and I find my way into bed around 11. I hope that tonight I find the energy to stay and watch the whole show. I mean, if everything works out according to plan, I'm going to have to muster up enough strength to haul Jared Leto's unconscious body to my car, then dress it up in a Popple costume and duct-tape it to my room mate's dresser. Man, I'm getting tired just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment